domingo, 7 de marzo de 2010

Banana and Dried Fruits Cake

Is there a house without BANANAS? I don´t think so, its a versatile fruit, besides it´s delicious and healthy. Well I had 4 ripe bananas and wanted to follow my instinct, so I decided dried fruits would be a great addition, as I still had some from Christmas.

Here´s the recipe, it turned out great, its so moist and delicious, and dried fruit are an interesting addition, so I hope you like it!

INGREDIENTS
4 ripe bananas
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup cubed mixed dried fruits
2 cups flour
3 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp vanilla
1tsp baking soda
powder sugar for decoration (optional)


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 F . Grease 2 molds, I used two flower ones.
In a large mixing bowl sift the flour.
In a mixing bowl mash the bananas, add the sugar, then baking soda, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, until smooth.
Then dust some flour over dried fruits, so that they stay on top of the cake.
Add dried fruits.
Spoon batter into prepared molds.
Bake until golden brown, about 35 min.
Remove from oven, and let it cool.
Dust with powder sugar the cake that goes on the lower part, and just place the little cake on top
Done,
enjoy!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario