viernes, 24 de agosto de 2012

Microwave Vanilla-Coffee Caramels

I just love caramels, since I was a little girl I remember liking them better than chocolates or other treat, this time I finnaly came to find the right recipe.
Luckily I found this recipe and made a few changes. I hope you like it as much as I do and do it often, as it is a very easy recipe.
 
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
 
For the topping:
1 cup milk chocolate chips
3/4 halved walnuts
 
HOW TO:
in a microwave safe bowl (at least 2 quart) add butter, white and brown sugar, syrup, sweetened condensed milk, coffee powder and vanilla.
Stir together and place in microwave, uncovered for 7 minutes, stopping and strirring twice during the cooking time.
Remove from microwave and pour into prepared lined paper which I also sprayed some cooking spray
 
Cut in circles, squares or any shape you like
Press halved walnuts on top of the caramel
 
 
 
Melt chocolate in microwave, pour into a piping bag and
pour chocolate over walnuts and caramel
Ready!
Enjoy!
 
 


2 comentarios:

  1. Oh dear, that looks really scrumptious. Regarding your question about cake, I'm not sure whether dried milk will work for this cake as Khoya or Mawa has a buttery texture. You can find it in the freezer section of Pakistani or Indian stores. To make your own, check this out:

    http://ghazala-shaheen.blogspot.com/2011/05/khoya-by-chef-zakir.html

    Hope this works :)

    ResponderEliminar